The best job in the world


Earlier this year, it was reported that a job in an australian island, the Hamilton island, was being offered to whoever found interesting the type of job that was being offered.

The person chosen for this job must speak proper english and be like the "Caretaker of the Islands"(as they described it) to "house-sit" islands of the Great Barrier Reef for half a year. The employee's reward is going to be 105.000$ for six months, plus, the new employee's going to receive free flights from his birthplace. However the work on the island must be done and he will have to: feed the animals, clean pools, observe the wales' divings...
...ah, and has to post texts on a blog and pictures, videos showing how the day has been - Doesn't it sounds familiar to you?...Blogs :P

Over 34.000 people from 200 different countries have applied for this job, including people from Portugal, Japan, Germany, the UK etc. 
The person who won the best job in the world was a British man, Ben Southall.


So, what do you think about this job? Would you applicate to it?
Personally, I think it's a good chance if you want to be well rewarded but it doesn't seem to be the type of job that people should do just for the money. I think he needs to like what he's going to do...Being in an island, even if he won't be all by himself, I bet it's hard to be in an island for six months. At least he has an internet connection. :P 

Source: http://veja.abril.com.br/noticia/internacional/melhor-emprego-mundo-414063.shtml

2 comentários:

Elizabete 17 de maio de 2009 às 08:08  

I would lovee to have this job! Not only because of the money, but also the things that we're going to do in the island. I find it an interesting job..

Anónimo 17 de maio de 2009 às 11:29  

I wouldn't mind to have a job like that. As long as I had my computer and my guitar with me, I would be totally fine. A dream come true for sure. ;)

Enviar um comentário

INTRODUCTION



This blog was made under a school project, so the content displayed on this page
may not be 100% correct.

Este blogue foi criado no âmbito de um trabalho de escola, por isso o conteúdo desta página pode não estar 100% correcto.